The CBNA relies on its members to voice their opinion, share their ideas and participate in neighborhood efforts to build a stronger and better Central Bench. We encourage each and every member to become involved!
- Stay Connected – Get the latest neighborhood news and updates by subscribing to our enewsletter, or by following us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Comment on ACHD plans for the neighborhood – The FY2018-2022 ACHD Integrated Five-Year Work Plan Initial Draft is available for public comment through August 21, 2017. The draft plan can be found here: Plan and survey.
This is ACHD’s five-year capital program identifying all planned projects in the areas of roadway maintenance, bridge replacement, stormwater infrastructure, pedestrian and bicycle enhancements, and road and intersection widening. All comments received on the Initial Draft will be reviewed with the ACHD Commission for direction on specific changes to incorporate into the final draft that will be out later this summer.
New for this comment period is an interactive commenting map. This tool will allow you to zoom into your neighborhood and see what ACHD has planned for your area. Individuals then can provide comments directly within the map on identified projects. Additionally, ACHD will be holding a public open house on the IFYWP and the FY2018 Budget on Thursday, JULY 27, at 5:30 PM in the ACHD Auditorium. All are invited to participate.
- Attend a Meeting – CBNA board meetings are held quarterly and are open to all members. Board meetings cover board and neighborhood business that often request community input and always include a public forum where members can bring up ideas or concerns. Meetings are held the 4th Monday of Jan, April, July and October.
- Become a Board or Committee Member – Any member can become a board or committee member. There are 9 board seats that are held for 2 years and require an election, held during the October meeting. There are various committees that members can join without election and with no term. Please visit our Committees page for more information, and contact us if you’re interested in joining.
- Attend Events – CBNA events are held regularly throughout the year and are a great way to connect with neighbors, keep up with neighborhood news and have some fun! Always kid friendly, and always with food. Visit our Events page for more information.